Sunday, April 17, 2011

1940's Brochure

This brochure is from shortly after WWII, and is from a period where ownership of Crystal Park changed several times in rapid succession.  It was at this time that the present-day clubhouse was constructed, to be used as a ski lodge.  Two ski runs were built on the slope uphill from the "lodge" and a rope tow was installed.  Little evidence remains today.  The brochure's map uses many of the names of various points along the road as were used in the original descriptions from 1910 onward.

Note that there are several inaccuracies in this brochure.